Finding Hope’s Sunshine and Ellie Sofia nominated me for this award. Both are very strong women that I am so humbled to have been nominated by both of them. I started my blog because I wanted to share my experience and help others who need to know they are not alone. I was taken from my biological parents and put into an abusive foster home. I was adopted with my four younger siblings by our foster family. From there I was molested by my adoptive mother and “uncle”. It is still a struggle, but with the help of God and my husband it is getting better. The support of my friends on WordPress means so much to me. The fact that I can get validation about my feelings and experience has helped me heal so much. I want to thank everyone that has followed and/ or commented on my blog, you make me feel so loved. So here I go and answer the questions for the nomination:
Here are the 11 questions asked:
1.What is the best thing about you? 2.What time of day do you blog? 3.How many revisions does it take before you finally publish? 4.Who is/was the most influential person in your life 5.In one word describe yourself 6.Where do you see yourself one year from now? 7.What is your favorite social media? 8.What type of blogs do you follow? 9.What is the motivating factor for you to blog? 10.How would you describe my blog content to someone who has not read it 11.What have you learned about yourself from blogging?
Here are my answers: 1. I think the best part of me is my passion. I am passionate about helping those who don’t have voices. 2. I blog whenever I feel inspired. I have blogged all day before. 3. I usually publish what I write the first time because that is usually what I want to say. 4. My husband, he is my hero. He is literately the reason I am alive. Without him, I would not be here. 5. One word to describe me is passionate. 6. In a year, I hope I am a more successful housewife and maybe author. 7. My favorite social media is Facebook and WordPress.
8. I follow blogs that are about abuse and foster care. I have a few blogs of people who have adopted kids. I like news and photography. I kind of follow a little bit of every kind of blog. 9. The motivating factor for my blog is that I will not be silenced about the abuse I faced. I want to talk about my experiences in hopes that it can help someone else. 10. I describe my blog as a safe haven for abuse victims. 11.I have learned that I am a lot stronger than I thought I was.
Rules for accepting the award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
I want to nominate the following blogs:
Battered Wife Seeking Better Life
Brave Heart Award
I have been nominated by Sunshine. Thank you so very much. I am very honored.
- I started my blog to reach out to other survivors of abuse. I wanted to speak out because I felt by my silence I was keeping me from healing.
- I am a survivor is the title of my blog. It is about my healing journey from abuse and rape.
- My intended audience is other survivors.
- My title actually was a declaration. I decided I wanted to be a survivor and felt that sharing my journey would help me.
- A fun fact is that I share my blog with everyone. I am so passionate about it and want everyone to read it.
- I don’t have any other blogs.
- I love to cook. I love to write and it has been hard for me to after my abuse and rape.
- To contact me, my email for my blog is email@example.com
- In the future, I am hoping to write a book about my life.
- Readers who enjoy my blog can help by sharing parts or my whole blog with others.
- My only tip is to write what is in your heart.
- “I remember the first moment I met you. You were standing in front of the house as I got out of the van. As soon as I saw you, I felt a connection to you. I thought I could tell you things I couldn’t tell anyone else. “
To my nominees here are the instructions for accepting the award;
Rules for accepting the Award
1. Thank the person whom nominated you.
2. Post a comment on your nominees blog (with a link back to your Brave Heart Award Results), notifying them that they have been nominated for The Brave Heart Award with the Quote below.
Stand Strong You Are Not Alone
I call you a survivor, because that is what you are. There are days when you don’t feel like a survivor and there are days when the memories trigger your past and it feels like you are losing the fight – but you are not. Take the past and heal with it. You are strong. I want you to know that the abuse was not your fault. It does not matter what age it happened. You did not deserve it, you did not cause it, and you did not bring it on yourself. You own no shame, guilt, or remorse. In your life, you have faced many demons but look around you and you will see there is hope, and there is beauty. You are beautiful, You are loved, there is hope. You deserve to be loved and treated with respect. You deserve peace and joy in your life. Don’t settle for anything less than that. God has plans for you. Your future does not have to be dictated by your past.
Each step you take you are not alone.
3. Take the 12 question interview yourself and share your answers on your blog.
4. Nominate 12 blogs.
5. Share the 12 question interview with your nominees to answer.
6. Share your 12 nominees website/blog links on your blog page.
7. You can not nominate a blog if they have already received the Brave Heart Award.
12 Questions Asked:
1.Tell us about your blog. Who designed it?
2. What is the title and description of your blog?
3. Who is your intended audience?
4. How did you come up with the title of your blog?
5. Give us an interesting fun fact about your blog.
6. What other blogs do you own and what makes them alike?
7. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
8. How can we contact you or find out more about your blog?
9. What can we expect from you in the future?
10. What can readers who enjoy your blog do to help make your blog more successful?
11. Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers/bloggers?
12. Before you go, could you share a snippet from your blog?
Battered Wife Seeking Better Life